Politics

2027: Dino Melaye reveals next move against Tinubu

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime sharing; follow our WhatsApp channel for more updates. Click to Follow us

Senator Dino Melaye, a chieftain of the African Democratic Congress, ADC, in Kogi State, has condemned President Bola Tinubu’s decision to head the All Progressives Congress, APC, Presidential Campaign Council for the 2027 election.

Melaye maintained that efforts to stop Tinubu from securing another term in office would continue with greater determination despite the strategies being adopted by the ruling party.

The former senator made his position known in a video shared on his official X account on Sunday.

He questioned the decision to allow Tinubu to occupy both the position of APC presidential candidate and chairman of the campaign council for his own re-election bid.

“This is the first time in the history of the universe and the entire world that a presidential candidate of a political party will double as the chairman of the presidential campaign council for his own election,” Melaye said.

He described the arrangement as “disgraceful”, claiming that it reflected anxiety and a lack of confidence within the ruling party.

“It shows they are jittery. It shows they are afraid,” he said.

Melaye also took issue with the composition of the campaign council, describing it as “very, very, very bogus” and alleging that some of the committees and positions had been duplicated.

The ADC chieftain further raised concerns over the reported appointment of Zacch Adedeji, chairman of the Nigerian Revenue Service, NRS, formerly known as the Federal Inland Revenue Service, FIRS, to oversee fundraising for Tinubu’s campaign.

“The chairman of FIRS is the deputy director in charge of fundraising of presidential campaign of Tinubu,” Melaye alleged.

He questioned whether the appointment could amount to a conflict of interest, considering that the NRS chairman is a public official responsible for revenue collection.

“Is there no conflict in this? As a lawyer, by the grace of God, on Monday I’m going to court. We have to test that,” he said.

Melaye said he intended to challenge the matter legally, arguing that public officials are required to operate within the provisions of the Public Service Rules.

“If that is not conflict of interest, I don’t know what else it would be,” he said.

He vowed that his opposition to Tinubu’s re-election would continue, insisting that the campaign against the President would not be abandoned.

“the battle to stop Tinubu is a battle of no retreat, no surrender.”

Melaye described the development as “a big shame” and “a disgrace” as political parties intensify their preparations for the 2027 presidential election.

Please don’t forget to “Allow the notification” so you will be the first to get our gist when we publish it. 
Drop your comment in the section below, and don’t forget to share the post.

Mazi Nwokpor Jonathan

Recent Posts

Venita reveals the surprising reason behind her younger suitors

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

1 hour ago

Ebonyi LG polls: PDP makes fresh move over Saturday’s election

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

1 hour ago

2027: APC chairman makes surprise move ahead of crucial election

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

1 hour ago

2027: INEC reveals major plan after Osun election success

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

2 hours ago

LaLiga: Mourinho names three best players in the world

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

2 hours ago

Fake agency scandal: Anambra govt reveals how it got involved

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

2 hours ago