Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime sharing; follow our WhatsApp channel for more updates. Click to Follow us

Former U.S. President, Donald Trump, has expressed confidence that a deal regarding TikTok will be reached.

With an April 5 deadline approaching for ByteDance to either sell the video app or face a ban in the United States, Trump made these comments while speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One.

“We have a lot of potential buyers. There’s tremendous interest in TikTok,” he said.

“We have a lot of people that want to buy TikTok.

“We’re dealing with China also on it, because they may have something to do with it,” he said, adding “I’d like to see TikTok remain alive.”

On Thursday, China rejected former President Trump’s suggestion that he might offer to reduce tariffs in exchange for Beijing’s approval of TikTok’s sale to a non-Chinese company.

Earlier this month, Trump claimed that discussions were underway with four groups interested in acquiring the platform, which has 170 million American users.

A U.S. law has mandated that TikTok divest from ByteDance over concerns that the Chinese government could use the app to spy on Americans or manipulate U.S. public opinion.

The law came into effect on January 19, just one day before Trump’s inauguration, but he quickly announced a delay, allowing TikTok to continue its operations in the U.S. That delay is set to expire on April 5.

“There’ll be a deal with TikTok, I’m pretty certain,” Trump said when asked if he would extend the deadline if there was no deal.

Please don’t forget to “Allow the notification” so you will be the first to get our gist when we publish it. 
Drop your comment in the section below, and don’t forget to share the post.