News

Iran sends strong warning to Gulf nations as tensions with US escalate

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime sharing; follow our WhatsApp channel for more updates. Click to Follow us

Iran’s armed forces have cautioned Gulf countries against providing any form of assistance to the United States military, warning that such support could be interpreted as participation in Washington’s military actions against Tehran.

Iranian Armed Forces Chief of Staff Ali Abdollahi issued the warning on Wednesday, according to Iran’s Mehr news agency.

“We wish to warn that any assistance or facilitation provided to the aggressor US military amounts to participation in the US military operation,” Abdollahi said.

The warning comes amid the continuing confrontation between Iran and the United States, which began on February 28 after US and Israeli strikes were launched against Iran.

Tehran subsequently responded with missile and drone attacks, including strikes against American military facilities located across the region.

Abdollahi questioned whether the large number of US military aircraft operating from regional bases, particularly aerial refuelling planes, could have been deployed without the knowledge or consent of the countries hosting those facilities.

“It seems unlikely that such a large number of military aircraft, particularly refuelling aircraft, could be present at regional bases without knowledge of host countries,” he said.

The Iranian military chief also addressed Gulf countries that had previously declared that their territories would not be used as launch points for attacks against Iran.

He warned those nations that Tehran was closely monitoring developments and was aware of activities taking place across the region.

“The countries bordering the Persian Gulf, which have issued various statements saying they would not allow the United States to use their territory against Iran, should know that we are fully aware of the situation,” Abdollahi said.

The latest warning comes as the United States prepares to redeploy the USS George Washington aircraft carrier to the Middle East.

The vessel is expected to replace the USS Abraham Lincoln amid reports of worsening conditions affecting personnel aboard the latter.

Please don’t forget to “Allow the notification” so you will be the first to get our gist when we publish it. 
Drop your comment in the section below, and don’t forget to share the post.

Mazi Nwokpor Jonathan

Recent Posts

2027: INEC Chairman sends a clear message to political parties

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

27 minutes ago

Pogba faces fresh career setback as Monaco make major decision

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

36 minutes ago

2027: Fayose makes fresh claim about Atiku’s presidential ambition

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

50 minutes ago

Osun Election: Isaac Fayose fires back at Wike over controversial remark

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

1 hour ago

Golden Boy 2026: The young star currently sitting on top of the rankings

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

22 hours ago

Jay Jay Okocha, Obi Mikel reveal how they changed their names

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

22 hours ago