Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime sharing; follow our WhatsApp channel for more updates. Click to Follow us

The Anambra State Government has explained how it became involved with the recently exposed fake Made-in-Nigeria Agency.

The agency, which had been presented as a legitimate organisation, was recently discovered to be fake and non-existent.

The state government disclosed that it had initially planned to organise a fair in partnership with the organisation, with the event scheduled to take place in December.

However, the Secretary to the Anambra State Government, Mrs Chiamaka Nnake, said the government was deceived by the agency into preparing for the proposed event.

Nnake, who was designated as the state’s Focal Person for the organisation, explained that she was nominated by Governor Chukwuma Soludo to represent Anambra State.

Her involvement became a subject of public attention after her photograph circulated widely online identifying her as the state Focal Person for the agency.

The development subsequently prompted Nnake to publicly explain her involvement and clarify the circumstances that led to her nomination.

Nnake said: “I wish to clarify the circumstances surrounding the trending news concerning the purported ‘Made-in-Nigeria Agency,’ in which my photograph has been displayed and I have been identified as one of the State Coordinators.

“In January 2026, the Governor received a letter from the Made-in-Nigeria Office, said to be under the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, requesting the nomination of a State Focal Person. In response, the Governor, in February 2026, nominated me as the State Focal Person for Anambra State.

“Following the nominations, Focal Persons from the 36 states have been in a WhatsApp group engaging on issues relating to the activities of the office.

“More recently, the same office wrote to the State requesting that Anambra host the South-East Made-in-Nigeria Fair. The request was approved, and an inaugural meeting was held about two weeks ago, with the National Coordinator in attendance.

“Since then, the State Committee has been working on preparations for the fair, which is scheduled to take place from December 2 to 5, 2026.

“Beyond these official interactions and engagements, I have no knowledge of, involvement in, or connection with any other activities, claims, or developments attributed to the said office.

“I, therefore, wish to make it clear that anything beyond the above-mentioned official interactions is entirely outside my knowledge and involvement.”

Please don’t forget to “Allow the notification” so you will be the first to get our gist when we publish it. 
Drop your comment in the section below, and don’t forget to share the post.