General

Abia: Ex-President-General assassinated three days after calling for help

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime sharing; follow our WhatsApp channel for more updates. Click to Follow us

Following the assassination of the former President-General of National Association of Ohafia Students, NAOS, Mr. Igwe Akuma Akwu on January 2, 2026, more revelations have emerged.

Akwu, a youth and an indigene of Ndi Uma compound of Okon-Aku, Ohafia LGA in Abia State, was shot dead by unknown gunmen on Friday, January 2nd, sparking outrage and causing widespread property destruction in the town.

Following the incident, the Abia State Police Command issued a statement saying it had apprehended some suspects and dispatched two tactical teams to restore peace in the town.

However, evidence from some tweets made by the late Igwe Akuma Akwu on social media on December 30, 2025 demonstrate that the former President-General genuinely informed the government and security authorities that his and his people’s lives were in danger.

Igwe Akuma Akwu lamented in a post on December 30, 2025, three days before his death, that he had been cruelly tortured by some thugs working for an individual in January 2025.

He further said that his Toyota Corolla was set on fire on October 28, 2025, by a gang claiming to have connections and power over the government.

In the same article, he bemoaned that his five-year-old cousin had gone missing following an attack, before eventually warning that the publication could endanger his life.

Meanwhile, some human rights organizations, traditional institutions, and other youth groups have urged calm and called for a thorough investigation into the situation.

In a powerful press release issued on Sunday, Nelson Nnanna Nwafor, Executive Director of the Foundation for Environmental Rights Advocacy & Development (FENRAD), requested the arrest and punishment of individuals implicated in the killing, among other things.

“We call for a review of the security response mechanism to reported threats and early warning signals to prevent recurrence of similar tragedies.

“FENRAD also demands intentional accountability for any lapses or negligence that may have contributed to the failure to protect the deceased”, Nwafor said.

Please don’t forget to “Allow the notification” so you will be the first to get our gist when we publish it. 
Drop your comment in the section below, and don’t forget to share the post.

Mazi Nwokpor Jonathan

Recent Posts

Popular Actress Opens Up on Painful Marriage Experience After Years of Silence

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

4 hours ago

Phyna Speaks on How Family Demands Drained Her BBNaija prize money

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

4 hours ago

VIDEO: Thai Police Uncover High-Tech Romance Fraud Linked to Nigerians

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

4 hours ago

VIDEO: VeryDarkMan Breaks Silence After Viral Mosque Incident

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

4 hours ago

Ex-AGF, Malami Lands Big Political Role In Kebbi ADC Ahead of 2027 Election

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

5 hours ago

Atiku Sends Strong Warning To ADC Ahead of Presidential Primaries

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

5 hours ago