General

Troops repel coordinated ISWAP attack in Borno, eliminate 38 insurgents

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime sharing; follow our WhatsApp channel for more updates. Click to Follow us

Troops involved in Operation “HADIN KAI” successfully repelled a coordinated assault by ISWAP terrorists on the Forward Operating Base (FOB) at Mandaragirau in Sector 2 of Borno, resulting in the deaths of 38 insurgents.

Lt.-Col. Sani Uba, Media Information Officer at the Headquarters Joint Task Force (North East), issued a statement containing this.

He stated that the assault took place during the early hours of Saturday.

Uba stated that the terrorists executed an attack on the FOB that he characterized as “half-hearted.”

He stated that the troops executed a synchronized offensive-defensive maneuver, compelling the insurgents to retreat in disarray.

He stated that the Air Component of Operation HADIN KAI supplied air support as well as Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) to improve the accuracy of precision strikes.

He mentioned that the soldiers chased after the retreating insurgents along their exit paths, causing additional losses.

“About 38 terrorists were neutralised, with eight bodies recovered within the immediate engagement area.

“Human intelligence from locals confirmed over 30 additional bodies and weapons abandoned along the Garin Mallum–Garin Gajere axis into the Timbuktu Triangle,” he said.

According to Uba, the assertion was validated by blood trails and discarded gear that troops noted during exploitation.

According to him, the troops also seized seven AK-47 rifles, eight magazines, four rocket-propelled grenade bombs, and various types of ammunition.

He noted that, while one Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicle was struck by rocket-propelled grenades, there were no recorded fatalities among the troops.

“The injured personnel have been stabilised,” he said.

Uba stated that the extent of losses incurred by the insurgents had caused celebrations within local communities.

He stated that the development highlighted the ongoing supremacy of troops in restricting terrorists’ freedom of action in the North-East.

He noted that additional exploitation operations were taking place along the Garin Mallum–Garin Gajere axis to retrieve bodies and solidify gains.

According to Uba, the troops had been praised by the Military High Command for their bravery and perseverance.

He called on them to maintain the operational tempo for the sake of the region’s security.

Please don’t forget to “Allow the notification” so you will be the first to get our gist when we publish it. 
Drop your comment in the section below, and don’t forget to share the post.

Mazi Nwokpor Jonathan

Recent Posts

Golden Boy 2026: The young star currently sitting on top of the rankings

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

15 hours ago

Jay Jay Okocha, Obi Mikel reveal how they changed their names

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

15 hours ago

Jungle justice: IGP Disu reveals what offenders may now face

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

16 hours ago

Plateau: What happened to a pastor while serving in a remote community

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

16 hours ago

Charles Inojie reveals why most graduates are not employable

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

16 hours ago

N60 Billion: What I did to make my brother win Osun election – Davido’s father reveals

Keep up with the latest news and be part of our weekly giveaways and airtime…

17 hours ago